I am a wife, mother, a follower of Jesus, a photographer, a lover of agriculture, an artist, an athlete, a singer, a cook and an explorer of the beautiful outdoors!
Located in Southern Idaho, I specialize in natural light, Senior & Family Portrait Photography. I shoot on-location, with complimentary travel on my part, up to 80 miles round-trip from Hazelton, ID. Katy Starr Photography came into existence October 2013, with the desire to capture the essence of real life and the gorgeous landscape Idaho has to offer. A photo should be a true representation of personality, showcasing us as our true selves. Most importantly, remembering these moments that make you feel something… amazing! That’s exactly what I want to do for you 😊
Meeting new people is one of my favorite things – learning about others and gaining an understanding of their life and experiences are simply the best! In fact, they help me to grow and challenge myself to be stronger and a better version of myself, which I love.
In order to learn a little about me, I’d love to share a few things with you:
- I love my husband, Brice, and daughters, Josie and Lanny, more than anything in the whole world. They make me the happiest 😊
- I’m a country girl through and through – I grew up on a small cattle ranch in Central Oregon, cities and traffic intimidate me.
- My favorite holiday is Christmas – the lights, baking, Christmas music & movies, togetherness and, of course, celebrating the birth of Jesus, fill my heart with so much joy!
- My favorite place to be is in the wilderness, surrounded by trees and mountains (with my favorite people 😊).I have a tendency to be a perfectionist – not being in control scares me.
- I’ve never been to Disneyland, DisneyWorld or any kind of theme park.
- I could eat a lot of pasta and ice cream – No seriously, like a lot. I manage self control fairly well, incredibly enough.
- I attended and graduated from the University of Idaho, where I met my husband and best friends… Go Vandals!!!
- Love it or hate it, I’m a 49ers fan. Yea, I know we’re no good this year, but what kind of fan would I be if I wasn’t loyal through the tough years?
- My greatest desire in life is to help others and see them happy… The world needs a little more happiness and a lot less tears, don’t you think?
Thanks for joining me on this incredible adventure that is yet to come!